Following steps are needed when migrating to UI strings with no duplicates:
- install updated toolkit
- generate sdf file from your existing translated or half-translated po-s with new toolkit
(to avoid english strings in untranslated entries)
- backup old po-s somewhere
- generate new set of po-files from just generated sdf-file for your language
- update generated po-files with latest pot-files. Now every duplicated string in
one file has unique identifier, but string itself is translated as it was in
your old po-file.
- When you do not regenerate po files, all duplicate entries will be untranslated.
- When you use sdf file, generated with old toolkit, for regenerating,untranslated
entries will be filled with english strings
thanks Ain as these steps are working really fine for me :-)).