The basic procedure to build an RPM is as follows:
* Get the source code you are building the RPM for to build on your system.
* Make a patch of any changes you had to make to the sources to get them to build properly.
* Make a spec file for the package.
* Make sure everything is in its proper place.
* Build the package using RPM.
Under normal operation, RPM builds both binary and source packages.
One of the most typical and important task is to make the spec file.
Still i am collecting information about the spec file and in next post i will be writing about it and make a sample spec file.
enjoy... make world open.