Followed the following steps to configure all three together.
1. Installed subversion1.4.3 from http://subvsersion.tigris.org version as svn-1.4.3-setup.exe
2. Installed the activestate python from ftp.activestate.com version as ActivePython-184.108.40.206-win32-x86.msi
3. Installed svn-python binding for python2.5 and subversion1.4.3 from http://subversion.tigris.org version as svn-python-1.4.3.win32-py2.5.exe
- One has to be very specific about the python, subversion and svn-python bindings. Ensure that the svn python binding versions should be same as that of subversion and python installed.
- launch C:/Python25/python.exe
- from python shell enter : import svn.repos , it should not give any error trace.
- exit python shell.
- Unzipped viewvc-1.0.14.zip and renamed viewvc-1.0.4/viewvc-install as viewvc-1.0.4/viewvc-install.py and double-clicked it. This will ask some simple configuration query, i preferred default.
- commented # cvs_roots = cvs: /home/cvsroot
- Modified svnroots line as svn_roots = svn-root: c:/opt/svn-root , this is because i am having one svn repo named "svn-root" in C:/opt directory.
- Modified root_parents line as root_parents = C:/opt : svn and removed ',' from the end of line.
- Modified default_root line as default_root = svn-root
- Through command line run standalone.py -g from C:/Program Files/viewvc-1.0.4/bin/ location.
- It will allow one to browse the repository with the default browser and if it works then only we can go further to integrate viewcvs with apache.
- Subversion win32 binaries are compiled for apache2.0.x and will not work with apache2.2.x.
- "dav_svn_module in file /modules/mod_dav_svn.so is garbled" - perhaps this is not an apache module DSO ? This is the error one would get if tries to run apache-2.2.x with win32 subversion.
- Search for ScriptAlias in httpd.conf file and add one more line below all the ScriptAlias as ScriptAlias /viewcvs "C:/Program Files/viewvc-1.0.4/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi"
- Restart apache httpd server
- Now, one can browse the repository.
cheers, make world open.